Never mind. Potentially a very crickety couple of days coming up. Tomorrow we should have the usual indoor cricket session at lunchtime, followed by nets after work. Both of these have been sporadic over the past few weeks due to holidays and weather, so tomorrow will be the first time in about a month that I've managed to do both of them - if I do of course.
Friday then, we have a league fixture against a team that we've played twice before this year. The first time, they bowled us out for 60
Saturday, nothing at the moment. But there are games on, and it seems to be difficult to get people, so there's still a chance of a call-up.
And finally on Sunday, we have our last Taverners game of the year. RTÉ vs the Theatrical Cavaliers!! Basically the team from the national broadcaster versus a selection of Irish stage actors
Regarding the committee position thing, I've received clarification of the rules wrt the fight to the death. Cricket "paraphernalia" also covers ground maintenance equipment, which opens an entirely new can of worms. I still like the stump option, but perhaps a spade or fork might be more effective ... or a lawnmower maybe

No comments:
Post a Comment